Monday, July 13, 2009

Withdrawal

def. : the act of taking back or away something that has been granted or possessed.

It has been 12 days since my last fix. I don't know what it is but, when I don't have that fix I start going crazy. For the first 5 days I had anxiety because the feeling was still fresh, I had just gotten a whiff and I was fiending for another trip. Then for then next 5 days I was scheming, thinking of ways to get back to where I was. I guess you can say I was chasing my "high". And now I'm depressed...I need my fix...I am soooo unhappy...I NEED MY FIX....I need to go to the mall.

I miss the mall so much. I know it sounds crazy but shopping can be a serious addiction. And the crazy thig is while I am trying to fight the urge, all of my favorite stores keep sending me coupons and emails. As if they were saying, "we miss you, come back and play." Now granted I am not as bad as most but I still have a love for shopping. I need to go to the mall at least once a week in order to feel satisfied. So I researched the topic of "Shopaholism," I discovered that I might be classified as a Shopaholic.

Classification of a Shopaholic would include:
~ Hiding Purchases (Never)
~ Spending Over Budget (Ummm a lil...Sometimes)
~ Compulsive Buying (I don't think so...what do you think?)
~ Shopping or spending money as a result of feeling angry, depressed, anxious, or lonely. (Oh
Yes...when I'm sad, I spend)
~ Describing a rush or a feeling of euphoria with spending (The best feeling ever)
~ Thinking obsessively about money (Doesn't everyone)
~ Spending a lot of time juggling accounts or bills to accommodate spending (Uh No...Bills first
shopping second)
(http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/shopping-spree-addiction)

Soooo is it a HOBBY or an ADDICTION???








No comments:

Post a Comment