Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gay Marriages

I really do not know where I stand on this topic. Last week I was sitting at my 1st Gay wedding. Now if this was 10 years ago I would probably be trying to burn the couple at the stake. I sure have come along way.

Who determines whether the union of same sex couple's is right or not. Currently each individual state determines whether or not to legalized marriage. But isn't marriage sanctified my God? Does the government have the right to make this determination? The following link discusses what the government is currently saying about Gay marriages:



I also found this website that makes reference to the bible and gay marriages. And while the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Here's the website:


While we can read the above and make our own determination on the topic, one thing that I am a firm believer in is happiness. And if a person is truly happy then that is all that matters. Congratulations Janae and La Shonda!!! I'm glad that I was able to be apart of your wedding. All the Best!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment